We’re Back and Better than EVER!
Now this isn’t just our typical monthly contest. We’ve decided to put two of our favorite stock picking newsletters to the test, by letting you compete with them head to head (to head?).
That’s right, this month WE challenge YOU to beat TWO Motley Fool stock picking services: Stock Advisor and Rule Breakers. If you remember last month’s contest, you’ll remember a very similar challenge. But this time you have TWO stock picking services to face.
If you’re confused, that’s okay. Let’s break it down for a second.
See, we have two main goals here at Wall Street Survivor. 1. To make sure anyone and everyone feels empowered and educated to start investing. And 2. To support you along your investing journey by providing you the best education, tools, and resources possible.
We run these monthly contests to encourage competition, in a risk free environment, that makes investing less scary and more fun! We also often theme the competitions around tools and resources that we know can help you along your investing journey, tools like The Motley Fool’s stock picking services!
We offer up cash prizes in these contests because we’re so passionate about you learning how to invest, trade, research stocks, build portfolios, etc. And if you decide you want additional resources to help you along your investing journey, we try to point you in the right direction!
The October Smackdown
This month, you’re gonna go toe to toe with our favorite stock picking newsletters and see if you can beat their stock picks. So, SIGN UP NOW if you’re new to WSS, or click here to join if you already have an account to start the competition!
We’ve set up portfolios with the Motley Fool Stock Advisor and Rule Breakers stock picks from the last three years, and we want to see if you can beat their returns this month.
For your chance to enjoy your winnings there are a few things you need to know. First, the competition starts Monday, October 1st and ends Friday, October 3oth. There is no deadline, but we encourage you to join now for a greater chance to win! Next, all competitors will receive $100,000 in virtual cash when they sign up. Your task is to generate the largest portfolio return you can by October 30th. Pretty simple, just grow your portfolio to the top and see if you can beat the Motley Fool!
And we’re willing willing to shell out some cold hard cash if you can… $1,000 in prizes will be awarded to the top three investors for their brilliant strategies.
1st Place: $500
2nd Place: $300
3rd Place: $200
(prizes distributed as Amazon gift cards)
Keep reading for contest updates, rules, and more about the Motley Fool. And don’t forget to sign up now to start competing!
Motley Fool Stock Advisor
The veteran fighter in this month’s contest, the Motley Fool Stock Advisor has been knocking traditional stock picking newsletters out since February 2002.
Here are the specs of our defending champ:
- Two brand new stock recommendations and analyses per month delivered in real-time to your email.
- New stock recommendation from Tom Gardner on the first Thursday of every month.
- New stock recommendation from David Gardner on the third Thursday of every month.
- Access to all of the Motley Fool Stock Advisor’s past recommendations all the way back to 2016.
- The Motley Fool’s Top 10 Best Stocks to Buy RIGHT Now report featuring some of the Fool’s hottest, most relevant picks that you’re going to want to jump on right away.
- New Best Stocks to Buy Now from Tom Gardner on the second Thursday of every month.
- Top 5 Stocks to Buy Now from David Gardner on the fourth Thursday of every month.
- The Motley Fool’s Top 5 Starter Stocks report that brings you the ideal stocks that should be the foundation of new investor’s portfolios.
- High Alert: The Fool will let you know when they believe it’s time to sell any of their stock picks. Their picks are monitored 24/7!
- You also get:
- A transparent explanation regarding WHY the Fool recommends each stock and the factors considered
- A Risk Profile that explains the upside and downside of every stock pick
- Starter Stocks: If you are new to investing, the Fool will tell you their 10 rock-solid stocks that should be the foundation of your portfolio
- Fool Knowledge Base: 24/7 access to their full library of reports and research to help you get their opinion on other stocks that you might own or be considering buying
- Market News Updates: They keep you informed of all noteworthy news and trends in the investing world.
How Much Does It Cost?
In the other side of the ring, we have a hotshot challenger who claims to knock all other stock pickers down for the count: Rule Breakers!
Started in 2004, Rule Breakers targets high-growth opportunities that can often be overlooked by the rest of the market.
The Rule Breakers team is looking for big swings in the market. They look for a variety of innovative leaders that are taking over new industries.
The Rule Breakers team believes that if you can find the right person at the helm of a company that is well-positioned in a new industry, then you can get a huge return on your investment. Or, if you can find a stock that has a great advantage in a given business, then you can capitalize on that advantage and turn it into money in your pocket.
Rule Breakers focuses on growth stocks, and they are constantly looking for investments to really knock out the competition. If you’re looking for a long and steady stock, the Rule Breakers newsletter might not be the great thing for you. But where’s the fun in that, anyways?
Sometimes, Rule Breakers is offered for about $299 a year, while sometimes you can get it for only $99 a year. Sometimes it costs only $19 a month, as well. The subscription is also always backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Today we looked at “Why NIO Stock Is Charging Higher Today” with John Rosevear from the Motley Fool. John explains that the Chinese electric vehicle manufacturer NIO saw a massive move higher after an upgrade from a J.P. Morgan analyst. In the midst of returning growth to Chinese automotive sales, the upgrade cites that NIO and other EV makers stand to see massive gains, due to government subsides and investment, organic growth in the market, and to some extent American EV manufacturer Telsa’s recent focus on the region. J.P. Morgan analyst Lai sees these trends contributing to a rising tide for Chinese EV makers that will rise all boats, with a particular emphasis on NIO’s.
Looking for ideas for the MOTLEY FOOL October Smackdown Challenge? See here while the Fool believes NIO and other EV makers may be on the rise.https://t.co/xAtthIowrx
— Wall Street Survivor (@wallstsurvivor) October 15, 2020
Overall, NIO stock saw gains of 22.57% today, and an additional 4.3% in after hours trading. Taking advantage of hot trends in the market could help you compete against the Motley Fool’s Stock Advisor and Rule Breakers newsletters in this month’s October Smackdown.
With only 12 days remaining in the month, a big congratulations to MoonKiro for leading this months MOTLEY FOOL October Smackdown with returns nearing almost 39%.
As we pass this midpoint of this months competition, it’s important to remain on the lookout for new trading opportunities around the world. This week in particular, Asian markets remain interesting as Chinese e-commerce giants continue to see growth through new avenues in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic. Today, as covered by CNBC, China’s Alibaba announced their intention to purchase a controlling stake of Chinese hyper-chain Sun Art, furthering their presence in the growing Chinese retail sector.
Big news from Chinese E-commerce giant Alibaba with their purchase of a controlling stake in hyper-retailer Sun Art. What news are you trading in this month’s MOTLEY FOOL October Smackdown? https://t.co/0c1OOQyZEb
— Wall Street Survivor (@wallstsurvivor) October 19, 2020
What trades are you making in pursuit of the MOTLEY FOOL October Smackdown crown?
As we continue to see wild volatility in the markets throughout a pandemic landscape, many investors have turned to growth stories in order to ride positive investor sentiment of a post Covid-19 world.
Nevertheless, many analysts have furthered their coverage of value stocks and turn around plays, including GE. See below why General Electric is rising in the market in the wake of a recent report underlying their intent to sell off their stake in Chinese steam-power.
— Wall Street Survivor (@wallstsurvivor) October 22, 2020
Congratulations to MoonKiro for leading returns during this month’s MOTLEY FOOL October Smackdown. With only one week left in the competition, traders continue to attempt to outperform the Motley Fool’s best market outperforming newsletters.
After a week of volatile earnings from SNAP to TSLA, many investors and analysts continue to weigh the long term effects of the pandemic, including on Boeing and the rest of the hard-hit airline industry.
#BA has been hit harder than almost any company in the airline industry during the covid-19 pandemic. See below why one analyst still believes they have a long road ahead of them before recovery. https://t.co/vdAd5QQLgg
— Wall Street Survivor (@wallstsurvivor) October 23, 2020
What industry are you betting on to recover in this month’s October Smackdown?
As the MOTLEY FOOL October Smackdown nears a close, will you outperform your peers and leading picks from top advisors at the Motley Fool?
Although keeping up to date with the market can be important, how much do you keep up with the future? Despite increasingly uncertain market conditions, many big tech firms, including chipmakers, continue to invest in the future of their respective industries.
Although most indexes have seen a volatile week of trading. Many big tech companies, including #Nvidia and #AMD, are making moves for the future. With the MOTLEY FOOL October Smackdown soon coming to a close, what trades will help you take the lead?https://t.co/I63XkTplaW
— Wall Street Survivor (@wallstsurvivor) October 29, 2020
Which companies do you believe will come out of this global pandemic on top?
- Each individual is allowed only one portfolio in any contest
- Winners will be contacted by email to receive their prize. This must be the email address associated with your account. If you need to change your email address, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every contest has a starting portfolio value of $100,000 USD, allows only US equities, ETFs, and cryptocurrencies.
- Day trading and short selling are permitted in all contests
- 500 max trades per account
- 25% position limit
- Margin trading is allowed. 8% interest will be charged on loan balances
- All winners will be audited, and disqualifications will take place at our team’s sole discretion
- Winners must claim their prize within 30 days of the results being announced
- We may ask winners to provide a photo ID upon claiming their prize as part of our auditing process.