FOOD AND RESTAURANT STOCKS
Before we get our hands on the food we eat, it must first go through a farming, processing and distributing chain. Then practice what you've learned with our free stock market simulation.
BEST RESTAURANT STOCKS
OTHER FOOD STOCKS
ABOUT THE FOOD & RESTAURANT INDUSTRY
As humans, we require food. That need to eat isn’t going anywhere, so food will always be in both high demand and high production. This makes their stock a stable and profitable one to own – either through commodities, restaurant stocks, packaged food stocks or grocery store stocks.
Here are three subsets of the food industry:
Farming includes all businesses involved in the production and collection of raw agricultural commodities. This includes things like corn, wheat, soybeans, rice etc.
Next those raw material foods must be processed into forms that may be more easily distributed and later sold to consumers.
The next step is getting the finished or unfinished food products into the hands of hungry consumers. Grocers are the distributors for “unfinished” food products (customers will buy them and cook meals at home), while both fast food and upscale restaurants distribute finished products.
WALL STREET SURVIVOR'S BEST OF THE BEST LIST
*** April 23rd, 2020 ALERT—Motley Fool Picks Still Doing Well!****The Motley Fool Stock Advisor’s stocks picks, even with this COVID crisis, have been performing very well as of late. Here are some of their most recent picks and their performance:
- Shopify (SHOP) – April 2, 2020 pick and it is already up 70.5%
- Zoom Video (ZM) – March 19, 2020 pick and it is already up 21.2%
- DexCom (DXCM) picked Feb 20, 2020 right before the market crashed and it is still up 7%
- Tesla (TSLA) picked January 2, 2020 before the crash and it is up 75% compared to the SP500 -11% so it is ahead of the market by 86%
- HubSpot (HUBS) picked December 5, 2019 and it is down 5%
- Netflix (NFLX) picked November 21, 2019 and it is up 36%
- Trade Desk (TTD) picked November 11, 2019 and up 19%
- SolarEdge (SEDG) picked September 19, 2019 and it is up 10%
- Zoom was also picked October 3, 2019 and it is up 95% since then.
GET UP TO $1,000 IN FREE STOCK
WHEN YOU OPEN A ROBINHOOD BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
Robinhood was the first brokerage site to NOT charge commissions when they opened in 2013. They just past 10,000,000 accounts and to celebrate they are offering up to $1,000 in free stock when you open a new account.
Here's the details: You must click on a special promo link to open your new Robinhood account. Then when you fund your account with at least $10, you will receive one stock valued between $5 and $500. Then, you will get a link to share with your friends. Every time one of your friends opens an account, you will receive another free stock valued between $5 and $500. Click here to learn more about this Special Robinhood offer.
(before it's too late)