So, you want to invest in individual stocks? However, getting started can be quite intimidating.
Investing in stocks can be risky…
…especially if you do not know what you are doing.
Investing can be difficult when trying to determine things like:
- How much money to invest
- What type of stocks to choose
- How to avoid making “rookie” mistakes
Luckily, there is a tremendously powerful tool available to ALL investors today.
What is that tool? It is the INTERNET, of course!
And the internet is full of investment websites – some are good, some are bad…
…and others are just plain U-G-L-Y.
The best thing you can do is find a *trusted* source to let you know which sites are legit.
So, if that is your goal…
…you have stumbled upon the right article.
We are here to break down the Top 9 investment website that any investor can use with ease.
These websites include news articles, educational resources, stock analysis tools, and trading platforms.
You can choose to use one, a few, or ALL of these websites!
But one thing is sure…
…these websites have the resources you need to become the best investor possible.
Top 9 Investment Sites for Any Investor
These websites will provide you with valuable information to make the best possible investing decisions.
While you’re at it, consider checking out multiple sources to cross-check information to gain more insight into the market and your potential investment.
The Motley Fool
Are you ready to start investing in the stock market?
If so, your first stop should at the Motley Fool!
The Motley Fool is a multimedia financial services company that gives users financial advice on the market, investments, and personal finance.
So, what is the mission of the Motley Fool?
To empower the casual investor to “beat the market” and outperform Wall Street analysts and financial professionals.
If you visit their website (www.fool.com)…
…you will discover countless free articles on critical financial topics, such as:
- Retirement planning.
The company also boasts an active community of members that share information and opinions about their investment decisions.
Users can access a competition-based crowdsourcing feature and other paid premium services.
And if you need some help picking stocks…
…be sure to check out the Motley Fool Stock Advisor.
For $149 per year, the Stock Advisor comes with the following:
- Two new stock recommendations each month
- “Best buy” stocks
- Foundational stocks
These recommendations can be especially helpful for new investors trying to build their portfolio.
In fact, stock picks from the founders have historically beaten the market.
Tom Gardner’s picks have earned a 149% return, and David Gardner has generated a 527% return!
Now that is not a bad return on investment.
However, there is no obligation to buy every recommendation (obviously), but these guys have an excellent track record.
Stock Advisor also has a very straightforward investing model.
Each stock recommendation explains the following:
- Current company fundamentals
- Why the stock is a good buy for the coming years
- Potential investment risks that might cause you to sell in the future
David and Tom have a goal for each investor to own at least 15 stocks.
Stock Advisor is also very intuitive, with each recommendation being categorized into the following categories:
- “Starter Stocks” – foundational companies that Tom and David believe are appropriate for any new investor
- “Best Buys” – each month Tom and David choose five stocks each that they consider “best buys.”
BEST STOCK NEWSLETTER for the last 5 Years (July 24, 2021 UPDATE)
One of last year's Motley Fool Stock Picks is up 648% and 6 others have already doubled!
We have been tracking ALL of the Motley Fool stock picks since January 2016. That's over 5 years and over 120 stock picks. As of July 24, 2021, 19 of their 24 stocks picks from 2020 are up with an average return of 93% compared to the SP500's 41%.
In addition, their 2019 stock picks are up 126%; their 2018 stock picks are up 253%; their 2017 stocks are up 223% and amazingly their 2016 stock picks are up 462%. The Motley Fool has done so well because they have quickly identified stocks each year that will perform well in the current environment. They adapt and constantly pick stocks before everyone else realizes the opportunities. Now they are starting to pick stocks that will do well in the post-Covid world and Biden presidency.
- Fiverr Intl (FVRR) - Sept 3, 2020 pick is up 75% in just 3 months
- CrowdStrike (CRWD) – June 4, 2020 pick and it is already up 74%
- Zoom Video (ZM) – April 16, 2020 pick and it is up 172%
- Shopify (SHOP) – April 2, 2020 pick and it is up 204%
- Zoom Video (ZM) – March 19, 2020 pick re-recommended and it is already up 301%
- DexCom (DXCM) picked Feb 20, 2020 right before the market crashed and it is still up 15%
- NVTA picked February 6, 2020 is up 129%
- Tesla (TSLA) picked January 2, 2020 before the crash and it is up 596%
- HubSpot (HUBS) picked December 5, 2019 and it is up 152%
- Netflix (NFLX) picked November 21, 2019 and it is up 59%
- Trade Desk (TTD) picked November 7, 2019 and up 368%
- Zoom Video originally picked Oct 3 and it is up 433%
- SolarEdge (SEDG) picked September 19, 2019 and it is up 204%
Now, no one can guarantee that their next picks will be as strong, but our 5 years of experience has been super profitable. They also claim that since inception, their average pick is up 596% and now we believe them. Many analysts are saying that we have passed the bottom of this COVID crisis and "certain" stocks will recover quickly and be the new leaders. So make sure you have the right stocks in your portfolio.
Normally the Fool service is priced at $199 per year but they are currently offering to new subscribers for just $99/year if you click this link.
Here is their release schedule of their upcoming stock picks:
- December 1, 2022 - David's New Stock Recommendation
- December 8, 2022 - Tom's List of 5 Best Stocks to Buy Now
- December 15, 2022 - Tom's New Stock Recommendation
- December 22, 2022 - David's List of 5 Best Stocks to Buy Now List
So if you have a few hundreds dollars to invest each month and plan on staying invested for at least 5 years, we haven't found any better source of stock picks. When you subscribe, you also get full access to all of their recent picks.
Stock Advisor advises that you invest in at least three starter stock recommendations from the start.
From there, you can continue to expand your portfolio with the “Best Buy” recommendations.
In addition to following stock recommendations, you can create a personal watchlist to track specific stocks.
Given the track record of David and Tom, we consider Stock Advisor a “must have” for any investor.
If you do not already have Stock Advisor, you can sign-up here.
Timothy Sykes Profit.ly
If you want to get started trading, but don’t have much money, why not consider penny stocks?
Penny stocks are ideal for investors with small accounts because they are low-priced.
Profit.ly is a community of nearly 150,000 traders and investors seeking to maximize profits and capitalize on stock market opportunities.
You can interact with and learn with the best traders online who show ALL trades (winners and losers).
This website is brought to you by Tim Sykes, a self-made millionaire who profits from and teaches the ins and outs of penny stocks.
Sykes began trading in high school and turned $12,000 into $4 million.
However, aside from making money for himself, Sykes has set out to educate others on his craft.
Sykes students have earned over $16 million!
Sykes has thousands of students in over 60 countries and has been featured on:
- The Street
- And more!
His philosophy is not just making money, but being honest (a rarity on Wall Street today).
And you guessed it – Sykes made his fortune through penny stock trading.
Not only does Sykes trade penny stocks, but he also produces things like:
- Educational videos
With this information, you can follow Sykes on his journey and learn from his mistakes and successes.
Sykes has also created over 2,100 video lessons and over a dozen instructional DVD guides.
Tim Sykes offers TWO distinct plans at different price points.
The most popular plan is the Pennystocking Silver plan as it gives users access to not only the chatroom, daily watchlists, and real-time trading alerts…
…but you also receive daily video watchlists, access to 4,400+ video lessons, and new video lessons weekly!
However, Tim Alert’s provide great value with daily watchlists, chatroom access, and real-time trading alerts.
The company is continuously working on new features…
…so be sure to check in NOW and LATER!
Don’t miss out on your opportunity to learn from the master himself.
Do you want to have access to the same information as the financial professionals?
Well, Morningstar set up shop to deliver the same investment research to everyone.
It is not wonder why Morningstar is one of the most prominent names in investment research (and for good reason).
Now, the company has 5,230 employees in over 27 countries!
The company’s rating system is one of the most well-known in the investment community.
Whether you are an everyday investor or investment professional – Morningstar can help you.
Morningstar has been a tremendous help in my investment research.
And if you know anything about investing…
…it is extremely important to conduct your own research!
You can access numerous free articles to help you understand the markets and gain new investment insights.
So, what can Morningstar Premium help you with today?
You can use Morningstar to find, evaluate, and monitor the investments that best meet your needs.
After the free trial, you can purchase the premium subscription ($189 per year)…
…and access the Morningstar rating and analysis for your investments.
You should check out Morningstar because these guys really do have an abundance of information all in one place.
You can use this information to research funds and stocks and make the most informed decision before choosing your investments.
TheStreet.com is quite similar to the Motley Fool.
The company offers market commentary and the current market status.
It also has the ability to toggle to other webpages, such as:
- Personal Finance
If you have ever seen Jim Cramer running around and yelling on CNBC – he is also well-known for TheStreet.
The “Cramer” tab is dedicated to Jim Cramer and his investment advice. This tab offers segmentation for things like:
- Actions Alerts Plus
- Monthly Call
- Best Stocks
- Cramer’s Articles
- Mad Money
- 25 Rules for Investing
- And more!
Additionally, each tab has numerous drop-down options to help you find information on investing market segments and personal finance and retirement topics.
These drop-down options include:
- Investing: Fixed Income, Cannabis, ETFs, Funds, Options, and more!
- Personal Finance: Debt Management, Taxes, Credit Cards, Real Estate, Insurance, and more!
- Retirement: Social Security, IRAs, Estate Planning, Retirement Calculator, and more!
- Markets: Currencies, Rates and Bonds, IPOs, Regulation, and more!
- Courses: Personal Finances Essentials and Fundamentals of Investing
There is also a Markets page that gives you daily details on U.S. market indexes and stock performance.
Lastly, this website is excellent for investment analysis tools, such as stock screeners, research reports, and lists.
Bottom line: This financial website offers a comprehensive suite of products and information.
CNBC is the most popular investing news channel.
But you do not need to be sitting in front of your television to get the benefit of their information.
You can visit CNBC’s website to read thousands of news articles, investing tips, and market insights.
The homepage is full of up-to-date developments in the global markets.
The news section includes news for U.S. stocks and foreign stocks.
You can get advice from Jim Cramer, the host of CNBC’s Mad Money (he also co-founded TheStreet).
However, it is essential to realize that CNBC experts are one source of information.
Be sure to visit the websites above to compare information and expert opinions!
Additionally, this website is one of my go-to sources for the latest investing news.
You can read about topics such as:
- Markets: Pre-markets, U.S. markets, Currencies, Cryptocurrencies, and more!
- Business: Economy, Health & Science, Finance, Real Estate, and more!
- Investing: Personal Finance, Financial Advisors, Options, Futures, and more!
- Technology: Cybersecurity, Media, Mobile, Social Media, and more!
- Politics: White House, Policy, Defense, Congress, Elections, and more!
Feel free to check ‘em out – you can never get enough news, tips, and knowledge.
Ally Invest (formerly TradeKing) is a discount online brokerage firm owned by Ally Financial.
When it comes to trading tools, Ally Invest stands out by having one of the most comprehensive offerings.
Ally Invest has maintained and improved upon most of what TradeKing offered in the past.
Ally Invest offers a wide selection of resources to help investors of all experience levels make the most of their investments, including advanced charting tools and numerous calculators.
With Ally Invest, you can expect:
- An Intuitive Trading Experience. Web-based trading on a streaming HTML 5 platform.
- Excellent Customer Service. 24/7 access to a broker who can answer your investment questions.
- To Build Your Knowledge. Access to informational articles to help you improve your understanding of investment strategies and market trends.
- Account Protection. Ally Invest is a member of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC), which covers customer claims up to $500,000, including a maximum of $250,000 for cash claims.
Some of our favorite trading tools include:
- Streaming Charts. Ally Invest gives you six chart types, with over 90 chart studies and drawing tools.
- With Watchlists, you can follow groups of securities and track their market data.
- Research and Market Data. This tool allows you to get quotes, charts, high/low prices, dividend dates, news, historical quotes, and peer performance comparisons.
- Probability Calculator. You can use implied volatility to help determine the likelihood of hitting your targets before you pull the trigger on an investment.
- Profit/Loss Graph. The P/L graph helps you understand an options trade’s profit and loss potential. You can review outcomes based on changes in volatility and time.
- Options Chains. With this tool, you can easily place trades, including elaborate multi-leg spreads.
So, whether you are new to investing, an experienced trader or somewhere in between…
…Ally Invest offers a wide range of self-directed and managed investment products.
Which investment approach will you take? Self-Directed Trading or Ally Managed Portfolio?
TD Ameritrade has been helping clients pursue their financial goals for over 40 years.
For this reason, TD Ameritrade is one of the top discount brokerages for investors across the United States today.
These guys provide investing and trading services for 11 million client accounts and manage over $1 trillion in assets.
TD Ameritrade is known for its top-of-the-line trading platform and high-end research offerings.
You can sign-up with TD Ameritrade and have the firm be your “one-stop shop” for:
- Trading stocks, options, ETFs, mutual funds, forex and more!
- Research tools, including real-time data, stock screeners, graphs, “practice” accounts, and more!
- Investor education, including real coaches, in-person events, articles, videos, informative webcasts, and more!
According to TD Ameritrade, “One of the most important assets an investor can have is knowledge.”
We could not agree more!
With plenty of educational materials, tons of trading options, and no account minimum we highly recommend that you check these guys out.
Oh, and if you are a new investor, TD Ameritrade has many 24/7 customer services options.
This company delivers quality content and provides excellent value to all investors.
Wealthsimple offers the benefit of investing with robo-advisors and humans.
Founded in 2014, Wealthsimple is Canada’s largest robo-advisor with over 100,000 clients. And, Wealthsimple has been newly introduced to the United States.
The primary goal of Wealthsimple is to make “investing easier for millennials.”
Wealthsimple provides you with world-class, long-term investment management…
…without the high fees and account minimums!
Wealthsimple also offers educational materials and tools to give you a better understanding of how your investments are doing.
Another tool we like is the compound interest calculator that you shows you your investment’s potential over time.
Seeing your investment potential can motivate you to get started today!
You can also learn more about your investments in general in with company’s educational materials.
Here is an example of that with the company’s explanation of an ETF:
This information is simple and straight to the point.
Another key benefit that we love is that Wealthsimple users have access to investment professionals.
Depending on your level of expertise, this could be a valuable benefit.
Swell aims to assist investors in building a positive financial future and support peace and prosperity.
The company began by asking a straightforward question:
“How can we create a better investment option for people who care about where their money goes and what it supports?”
If you are anything like me…
…you want to make a positive impact and make money.
Swell gives you the opportunity to make a positive impact and make money – no need to choose.
Because investing in something positive should not come at the expense of your wealth.
With Swell, there are six portfolios to choose from, each with a different mission.
Each Swell portfolio is composed of 40 to 60 stocks from companies that align with each category.
If social responsibility is not one of your goals, there are better options out there for you.
However, if you are looking to invest this way or just want more information…
…Swell is the platform where you can make it happen!
Any great investor uses multiple sources of information, news, and analysis tools before pulling the trigger on any particular stock.
But where should you start your search for accurate, helpful sources?
Do not worry – we have you covered with this list!
So, if you want to invest in stocks…
…these websites are a GREAT place to start.
So, who makes up our Top 9?
The websites are (in no particular order):
- The Motley Fool
- Timothy Sykes Profit.ly
- Ally Invest
- TD Ameritrade
- Swell Investing
We could not put these sites in order because each one brings something unique to the table.
As such, we recommend that you visit all of them and see which ones are best for you.
The first 5 sites are great informational sources while the remaining 4 sites are sites where you can put your money to work.
However, each site will give you the information and tools necessary to invest at your highest level.